Answered By: Chris Sheetz
Last Updated: May 26, 2017     Views: 149

Citing within a document or research paper involves using "in-text citations"  and a source list. Even if you paraphrase a source for material in your paper, you must provide BOTH an in-text citation AND an entry on the source list you place at the end of your paper. This list of sources at the end of your paper has different names according to the style you are using. In MLA style the list at the end is called the Works Cited page. In APA  it is called References. In generic language it is called the bibliography. You may want to review the LibGuide listed below for more information about citing sources in the various styles--MLA, APA, etc.

Related Topics

Contact the Library